Think of Color
Once you have that picture in your head think of colors that would look with black and white. You can technically start with white and black. Which is a for sure thing it will look good. Then you can go on red, yellow, fuchsia, almost any color as long as you keep your look cohesive with accessories etc. You can also do a mix and match color contrast look. but I like to pair colors that are easy to the eye.
Think of shapes
If you are wearing a voluminous skirt thatn pair with an opposite fit like something tighter or cropped. IF you are wearing something fited than you can pair with something looser or tight as well. but it looks better when add dimension to your look. The reason why this fitted red ruffle top worked with this ruffle gingham shorts is becasue even though the top is fitted and copped the ruffle add texture and dimension braking up the look from being a complete fited look. But you have to play with different tops until you find the one that suits your mood. In this case I was feeling really hot and I wanted to wear something cropped. Keep in mind I was in 100 degree weather so you want to wear breathable clothing. And what a better way to let your skin breath than with shorts and a cropped top.
Accessories are a necesity to complete a look. I can’t stress that enough, accessories is what sets you appart from the rest. Accessories is what makes your look unique and yours. So don’t understimate the powers of accessories. “Attention to detail makes for great styling.”
some of the accesories you need to keep in mind when putting a summer outfit together.
Here are my top accessories to wear this summer 2017
- Earrings: statement earrings like fringe, embelished, bold, minimalist designs, hoop, gold and silver metal artistict earrings.
- Necklaces: minimalistic layers from short to long. the trick is to have fun layering
- Sunglasses: make a statement with bold frames
- Bag: embelished bags like pom pom or fringe, also basket bags, Gucci, Chloe, ysl
- Shoes: strappy, chuncky heels, clear detailing, mules, embelished sandals, espedrilles